What I Did on my Summer Vacation (2022 Edition)

With COVID-19 on the decline, I was looking forward to my summer vacation this year! So my family and I...well, um. We did a bunch of things that we do every year. Home repairs. Calgary Zoo. (We were in Calgary during the Stampede--and we did not go to the Stampede. Kinda tells you a lot about us...) Cannoli from Sweet Capone's. Lake. Here's a photo from Gull Lake:

I mean, look at it. Wow, what beautiful...mud? And this photo has most of the beach/shoreline cropped out. Gull Lake is shallow to begin with, but I don't think I've ever seen it this low. Anyway, I'm not much of a beach person. I'm a sitting-in-the-shade-and-reading person. So that's what I did. No photos of that.

At least Bow Falls is same-old-same-old gorgeous:

But honestly, this photo could have been from any day over the past 20 years or so. Sigh.

Look, I'm trying to give you insight into my life and the things I do over the summer. At final exams in April, some students say "Have a great summer!" on their way out. That's nice, but first I have to teach a spring class. And then I end up spending almost every day of my actual summer catching up on improvements to my courses that I haven't been able to do for the past three years. (I think I made more changes/updates/improvement this summer than I've ever made before.) But do you want to hear about that? Probably not.

Okay, but! There is something new. My eldest daughter graduated high school, got three scholarships and is now a student at the University of Alberta!

Yeah, that's most definitely something new! (If you see her on campus, be sure to...not say anything to her. If you do, she'll complain that I put her picture on my blog without telling her. Shhh!)

Anyway, who has time to read (or write) a blog post when the new term has started?

Why aren't you studying?

0 comments:

Find It